Choosing Retiree Health Coverage
The right coverage
The CHP offers two types of Medicare coverage solutions – Advantage and Supplemental.
Medicare Advantage Option
- Watch a presentation on the NEW CHP Medicare Advantage Option.
- Review the CHP Advantage Option Plan Summary – Medical and Prescription.
- See which medications are considered “Covered Drugs” with the Prescription Formulary List.
- Find your answers with the CHP Medicare Advantage option FAQs.
- See the Medicare Advantage Option Enrollment kit for ALL details including information about dental and vision.
- Complete and mail this form or contact AmWINS directly when you are ready to enroll.
Medicare Supplemental Options
- Premium Option: The only medical deductible is for Medicare Part B which changes annually. There is no prescription drug deductible. This option provides a robust list of covered drugs (formulary) and you will only pay 50% of the copay for some brand-named prescription while in the coverage gap (donut hole) phase. This option holds the highest premium.
- Plus Option: This option has a lower premium than the Premium option. This option has a $500 medical deductible (which includes the Medicare Part B deductible) and a slightly narrower formulary than the Premium option.
Basic Option: This option has an even lower premium than the Plus option. This option has a $2,000 medical deductible (which includes the Medicare Part B deductible), a deductible for prescription drugs, and a narrower formulary than the Plus option.
Optional group dental and vision programs are available for purchase at competitive prices. These low-premium coverages are only available to members enrolled in one of the CHP Medicare Options.
Want to learn more? Call AmWINS at 877-517-1409 or send an email for more information about Medicare coverage.
We’ve provided benefit support throughout your career – now let us help you choose your coverage as you take the next step in your health care journey
The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.