Welcoming a Worker Toolkit
Adding a new worker to your ministry family is exciting.
The balance between making sure the worker is well-informed but not overwhelmed is key to making him or her feel welcomed. We care for your workers, so we want to help you make a smooth transition with this Welcoming a Worker Toolkit, a collection of tools and resources to help you with the onboarding process.
- New Hire Onboarding checklist (Coming Soon) – Use this checklist to help make sure you don’t miss any crucial items during your worker’s first few days, weeks and months.
- Enrollment Form – This enrollment form can be completed by you or your worker. Once completed, please submit to Concordia Plans.
New Worker Resources:
- CPS Member Benefits Brochure – Share our comprehensive brochure with your workers to give them an overview of all our benefits. This guide is also printable for you to keep handy!
- Guide for Benefit Enrollment – Once new workers are registered for the Member Portal, this step-by-step guide will lead them through the enrollment process to elect their benefits.
- How to Register for the Member Portal – Getting to the member portal is easy and intuitive, especially when you share this link to our step-by-step guide with your workers.
- Member Benefits Guide – Before enrolling, your workers can use this guide to better understand the benefits being offered so they make informed decisions.
- Portal Help webpage – This webpage will help walk workers through some of the most common Member Portal issues and questions.
- Member Home webpage – Our mission here at Concordia Plans has always been about caring for workers and ministries. This webpage has a collection of resources to help workers improve their well-being.
- Wellness Resource Finder online tool – No matter what your worker’s health concern is, the Wellness Resource Finder can help. By answering a few simple questions, the connector will lead the worker to the right resource.
- Financial Navigator online tool – Personal finances can be complicated. We have a library of helpful videos, resources and educational opportunities, and this tool can help workers find the right one for them.
- BeFine™ app – The only financial wellness app made with LCMS workers in mind, the BeFine app can help workers improve their financial well-being and learn more about the financial benefits you’re providing.
Additional responsibilities regarding legal notices
1. Distribute the following legal notices to your workers as indicated below. These documents, additional resources, guides, plan documents and more can be found by visiting ConcordiaPlans.org/Plans.
As an employer, it’s your obligation to provide the following notices and documents to your new workers:
- For all employees regardless of CHP eligibility:
- Marketplace Notice – should be provided within 14 days of the worker’s start date.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Model Notice
- The following notices should be given to all new workers who are eligible for the CHP.
For current workers the following notices need to be provided:
- CHIP Notice
- Summary(ies) of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for the health plan option(s) you offer
- Dental/Vision At-a-Glance document(s)
- Legal Notices Summary.
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act Notice.
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
Please note that Concordia Plans provides all these notices prior to Open Enrollment. So, you only need to provide these notices to current workers who increase their hours and become eligible for CHP coverage during the plan year outside of the Open Enrollment period.