Encourage hydration during the hot, summer months with the H20 Challenge.
There is great spiritual significance to water – references appear in scripture more than 700 times. Water brings forth life, sustains and purifies. Though Christ promises to satisfy our thirst, we must stay hydrated so our bodies can do His work. Judges 15:19 says, “And God split open the hollow place that is at Lehi, and water came out from it. And when he drank, his spirit returned, and he revived.”
Drink 2 liters of water per day (which is about 66 ounces). Think of it as drinking one ounce for every book in the Bible!
IMPORTANT: Please be advised that drinking too much water can be dangerous. This challenge is meant to increase awareness of hydration status with respect to fluid intake appropriate per someone’s health. See your doctor or dietitian for safe fluid guidelines for you.
1 weeks to 4 weeks… it’s up to you!
Challenge variations and winners:
- Team approach
- Create teams of 2-4 people.
- Have teams turn total ounces consumed into the Wellness Champ each week.
- Post team updates using a poster board or virtually through email.
- The team with the most ounces consumed during Challenge period wins.
- Individual approach
- Have individuals use the water tracking sheet.
- Water bottle, water infuser, water cup with environmentally friendly straw, etc.
- Anything that will encourage more hydration!
- Vitality Points – for more information contact Megan Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org .