Effective January 1, 2021
Concordia Health Plan members and enrolled spouses can now receive a biometric screening (Vitality Check) using the Quest, self-collection screening option. This new and convenient screening option can be completed from the comfort of home and at no extra cost. Members must have an active, registered Vitality account to request the self-collection screening option. To request a Quest, self-collection screening option follow these steps.:
- Log in to your Vitality account: www.powerofvitality.com.
- Click Health Profile > Vitality Check > Quick Links “Schedule your Vitality Check with Quest or view past results” > Self Collection.
- Complete Quest registration including confirmation of home address.
What to Expect
- The self-collection screening method requires individuals to provide 4-5 drops of blood via finger prick on a Quest collection card (provided with mailing supplies).
- Step-by-step instructions, pre-addressed/pre-paid return envelope and all supplies (alcohol prep pad, gauze, lancets, bandage, blood sample return bag, collection card) will be mailed to the individual’s home.
- Fasting for at least 9 hours is recommended prior to collecting the blood sample.
- Step-by-step instructions, walk individuals through the blood collection process
- Once the blood sample is collected, individuals will package and mail the specimen via US Postal Service given the provided pre-addressed/pre-paid return envelope.
- Results will be ready within 7-10 business days. Paper results will be mailed to individuals within 10-15 business days.
- This screening does not include blood pressure but can be sent separately to Vitality using the Vitality Check form process.
Questions? Contact Vitality at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-224-7117