Safety Items Purchasing Resource for MinistriesThe Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod’s group purchasing arrangement with Office Depot makes it possible for your church and/or school to get discounted prices on face masks, infrared thermometers, sanitizers and other items necessary to open up safely.
For LCMS organizations that already have an account set up through the LCMS Group Purchasing Agreement, those discounts are available using the designated website: www.business.officedepot.com
For example, Office Depot has pricing for 4 different types of masks in stock and ready for next-day delivery nationwide:
- #9825375 - Sunsmed Protective Products 3-Ply Pleated Face Mask, Adult, One Size, Box of 50 $39.99
- #4497729 - JCJZ 3-Ply Pleated Face Mask, Adult, One Size, Box of 50 $39.50
- #5611072 - LifeToGo 3-Ply Disposable Face Mask, Adult, One Size, Box of 50 $39.50
- #4993682 - Kata 3-Ply Pleated Face Mask, Adult, One Size, Box of 50 $39.50
Becky’s contact information:
- Phone: 636-346-6820
- Email: Rebecca.Fluchel@officedepot.com
“Return to Work” Resources for Ministries
CPS is partnering with Mineral, a third-party vendor to deliver HR services and resources to LCMS ministries. They have made the following resources available.*
- Return to Work checklist, with information your ministry should consider related to leave policies, hiring practices and policies, work from home and childcare policies and more. Additional considerations for health and safety and additional best practices for leaders are included.
- A Welcome Back letter template that can be adjusted for your ministry’s needs.
Cigna has provided a Resources for Reopening document that addresses how your ministry can reduce the risk of COVID 19 infection at your workplace, what to do if an employee has COVID-19 symptoms, when employees can return to work if they have demonstrated symptoms and more. The resource also
includes information about scams and fraud attempts to be aware of.
* Similar HR resources would be provided regularly to any ministry that subscribes to this new HR service. Contact your account manager for more information.
- LCMS.org, which includes messages from President Harrison as well as resources for ministries and members as we react to this pandemic as Lutheran Christians.
- Rostered church workers: Are you a current borrower with the Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF)? LCEF has a dedicated team to answer all of your questions. For more information visit the lending team’s siteor call 800-843-5233.
- The Lutheran Church Extension Fund offers e-tithing and e-tuition payments through the Joyful Response program, a free stewardship service for LCMS congregations, schools and registered service organizations (RSOs).Joyful Response allows your members to give one-time gifts or recurring tithe on your church website or by a mobile phone app For a small fee, text giving can be set up (charged to the congregation). For more information, go to https://lcef.org/joyful-response/ or call LCEF at 800-843-5233.
- The LCMS Foundation has published a Frequently Asked Questions page for both ministries and members. The pages include information about how the Foundation is addressing market changes and investments, how endowments are affected by market changes, how members can make gifts or additions to their accounts and more. Access the ministry FAQ and the member FAQ here.
All telehealth visits* for any reason (including non-COVID) are covered at 100 percent, including for members in high deductible plans. Find the Telehealth solution for your plan option.
*Through CPS-approved telehealth vendors. Meetings with your doctors through Zoom or other video chat services are covered with your regular cost-sharing and deductibles.
You can also use these NEW telehealth benefits that are always free for you as part of your Concordia Health Plan:
24/7 text-based medical care with 98point6
- 24/7 text-based access.
- No appointments, no travel, no waiting room.
- Zero cost to you - even if you're in a high deductible health plan.
- Quality, personalized care from board-certified physicians.
- Private and secure in-app messaging-based experience.
- Photo, video and voice support when needed.
- Range of care, including medical questions, diagnosis, treatment, prescription, mental health support, referrals and more!
Click here to learn more.
SWORD Physical Therapy Alternative
- Combines the best in human care with easy-to-use technology to provide a more convenient option than traditional in-person physical therapy.
- Includes a tablet, motion sensors, and access to a licensed physical therapist who will design your personalized program and be there to support you every step of the way.
- Treats pain for the lower back, shoulder, neck, hip, knee, elbow and ankle.
Click here to learn more.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which has the most reliable information about the disease at CDC.gov. You can also visit pages specifically developed for schools and faith-based organizations.
- The web sites of several of our healthcare administrators have detailed information about the disease and steps you can take to protect and care for yourself and your family. Visit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, Cigna, United Healthcare (UMR), Kaiser Permanente and Express Scripts for more detailed information.
- Engaging healthy habits while social distancing
- Fidelity has information about how it is responding to the health pandemic and their commitment to working with our members.
- U.S. Department of Education information on student loans
- Review your Financial Plan by Karen Wilhelms, CPS Financial Wellness Educator
- CARES Act and the CRSP Webinar, by the CPS Financial Education Team
- Through the Employee Assistance Program, Cigna has developed resources to help members deal with this health pandemic. Access them here:
- Support your Wellness with Telehealth - Webinar
- Managing Anxiety: Coronavirus Fears and Concerns Webcast
- COVID-19 Webinar: What Ministries Need to Know from Paycor
The Lutheran Legal League (L3) is an organization of actively practicing attorneys who regularly attend an LCMS church and have offered to speak with LCMS churches and members about issues related to COVID-19 legislation, including loans through the Paycheck Protection Program. L3 is not a referral company, but rather an organization that wants to serve God by helping fellow brothers and sisters within the LCMS. Visit their web site for their phone number or to submit a message to L3.
The information about the Lutheran Legal League contained on this website does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by Concordia Plan Services. It is your responsibility to investigate and verify providers and services. Concordia Plan Services assumes no liability of any kind for the content of any information transmitted to or received by any person in connection with the person’s use of the Lutheran Legal League or of any or its members . Also, references on this web site to any specific commercial product, process, information, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by Concordia Plan Services.
The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.