Your church or school needs a Wellness Champion. Yes, needs.
A Wellness Champion is:
- Warm and encouraging
- Relatable to their peers
- Genuinely interested in helping others
Being a “picture of health” is not necessary. We often find the most relatable Wellness Champions are the ones who are navigating new health and lifestyle changes themselves.
To encourage someone who you think would be perfect for this role, let him/her know that in the coming year there will be the opportunity for one-on-one work with our new Health & Wellness Educator, Sara Correnti. Sara has a master’s degree in Human Nutrition and experience using health counseling and motivational interviewing techniques to create lifestyle changes. She now plans to bring those skills and techniques to the Wellness Champions to help them inspire and motivate their coworkers to take steps toward healthier living.
Other ways Wellness Champions will be supported in 2017:
- Wellness Champions 101: A webinar-style event at 10 a.m. May 23 will teach the basics of the Wellness Champion role and provide tips and skills for inspiring and motivating health changes in your church or school.
- Monthly Wellness Champion calls: A conference call will be held each month for all Wellness Champions. A portion of the call will be dedicated to an educational topic designed to advance your skills with motivating your group. The second half of the call will be reserved for idea sharing and planning among churches and schools.
- Tools & Resources: The Wellness Champion toolkit is still available but is being supplemented this year with new tools, handouts, ideas and helpful forms to make supporting your group on their health & wellness journey even easier!
- More!: New ideas are constantly being introduced and ironed out to bring to you! There is no limit to the possibilities of support and resources available!
If you currently have a Wellness Champion at your church or school, be excited for all that they will be bringing to you this year. If not, now it is the perfect time to invite someone to serve! With abundant support from Sara and the team at Concordia Plan Services, they should feel confident in encouraging anyone on their health and wellness journey. All of this is in response to how God calls us to Be Well so we can Serve Well.
To volunteer as a Wellness Champion, contact Sara Correnti via the link below.