Concordia Plan Services offers an Accident Insurance Program (AIP), Group Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, which can help your family meet financial obligations in the event of an accidental death or disabling injury. Administered by Securian (Minnesota Life), protection ranges from $25,000 to $300,000 for a low monthly cost.

Active, full-time workers who participate in the Concordia Plans, designated members of Boards or Commissions of the Synod, and designated Foreign Missionaries of the Synod are eligible to participate in the AIP. When you enroll, your spouse and any unmarried dependents under age 21 (or up to age 27 if enrolled as a full-time student) can also be enrolled.  Workers interested in additional information on the AIP should contact Concordia Plan Services at 888-927-7526.

A Travel Accident Insurance Program (TAIP) is available on a limited basis to certain workers, designated members of Boards or Commissions of the Synod, and designated Foreign Missionaries of the Synod. Enrollment in TAIP is designated and paid for by the employer.



Based on the amount of coverage that you select, the percentage of benefits you or your beneficiaries receive for loss of life or impairment are as follows:
Loss of: % of Benefit Payable
Life 100%
Both hands or both feet 100%
Sight in both eyes 100%
One hand and one foot 100%
One foot and sight of one eye 100%
One hand and sight of one eye 100%
Speech and hearing in both ears 100%
Quadriplegia 100%
Paraplegia 75%
Hemiplegia 50%
One hand or one foot 50%
Sight in one eye 50%
Speech, or hearing in both ears 50%
Thumb and index finger of same hand 25%

Travel Assistance

Claiming Benefits

If you, your spouse, or your enrolled dependent are involved in an accident resulting in death or a disabling injury, and you believe you are eligible to receive benefits through the Accident Insurance Program, contact Concordia Plan Service at 888-927-7526 to begin the claims process.
Minnesota Life may require a police accident report, medical reports, autopsy and toxicology report, and an HIPAA Consent form so additional medical and hospitalization reports can be obtained.